... and I like it! I've had a good day today, despite it being Monday, the dog keeping me up barking at goodness knows what half the night, and having to work and listen to people and their petty problems. But I've laughed a lot today. I watched the girl do beautiful points at ballet. I giggled at the boy who forgot about his chess lesson this afternoon and had the lady in the school office ring me because no-one was there to pick him up, until he was reminded of the previously mentioned chess lesson. I was overcome with pride as the girl received her first academic award from school today for 'improvement in her independent writing', and I shook my groove thing at dancing tonight. And of course, I laughed a hell of a lot there.
On Saturday night, the family went to watch the Swans vs Collingwood. It was the girl's first AFL game and my first game at ANZ stadium. While the kids were more interested in what food goodies I had in the backpack for the first three quarters, the last quarter was quite a nail biter and we all were getting into it. The Swans lost unfortunately, but we all had a memorable night out together.
| The family supporting the Swans |
| Doing our bit for Red Nose Day |
Tomorrow my MIL will be coming to stay for a few days to see a couple of specialists here, just for a check up. She is a beautiful woman who deserves looking after. My in-laws are going through a lot at the moment, so I'm hoping she can relax here for a couple of days and just enjoy her grandkids and take her mind off some of the goings on that are happening in her life. I have to try and cherish our time together, and while it's hard to share my house sometimes, I have to try and remember just how much she means to all of us, and that people aren't around forever, so live in the time you have together.
"I have to try and remember just how much she means to all of us, and that people aren't around forever, so live in the time you have together." I'm going to remember this!
ReplyDeleteLoving the red nose pic of you three. xxx