Pro's:
After a long term, the kids get to have a rest with no real homework.
We have no extra-curricular activities during the holidays to rush around to.
I don't have to stress about making sure uniforms are ironed.
I don't have to make lunches in the mornings.
I usually take a week's leave during the holidays to spend with the kids.
Con's:
I have very limited child minding options during the holidays, especially now for two kids, which cause enormous amounts of stress.
I usually have to take a week's leave during the holidays, which means I'm spending my leave as soon as I accrue it.
I hate having to come up with activities to entertain the kids.
By the end of the holidays the kids are so sick of me and each other, that it's not a very happy or co-operative time, and usually, they want to go back to school.
So these July holidays, the kids will spend the first week either at a friend's house, or at work with us, and I'll be taking the second week off. We aren't going away these holidays. I just really need a week at home. I'll find some interesting things to do, and hopefully the kids will give me a bit of peace so I can get some much needed chores done, and/or to have a rest!
I was very happy to receive the kids school photos this week. And I'm absolutely overjoyed the way they came out. There is always that fear that they are doing that horrible toothy smile, where they just look they've seen something really scary, or that a massive booger is hanging out of their nose, or their hair looks like they've just gotten out of bed. Thankfully, mine are doing none of the above :)
| The Boy - Year 3 |
| The Girl - Kindergarten |
| Sister & Brother |
And so, the holidays are upon us again.
May your activities be plentiful, your tantrums be scarce, the weather be sunny, and your sanity intact. Amen.
The photos are GORGEOUS!! I wish I could take the kids for you. xxx
ReplyDeleteGreat photos :)
ReplyDelete