Thursday, July 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today, I am thankful for my beautiful children.



The boy has such a amazing soul and while he has a temper on him and is developing a lovely dose of attitude, his heart is beautiful and he worries about me and always tells me how much he loves me and how I'm the best Mum in the world.  He looks after his sister and does lots of things for her (and me).

The girl, while she frustrates the life out of me most of the time with her whinging, when she smiles, she lights up a room.  I love while we are away and we share a bed, she snuggles into me and goes to sleep.  I love how she wakes up with a smile on her face, and gives her brother a huge cuddle as soon as she gets up. 

I am thankful for this week away I have had with the kids.  We've had a lovely time together without much stress.  We've done some fun things, some new, some simple.  Just nice things.

I am thankful for seeing them try horse riding yesterday for the first time ever.  They loved the new experience and learning how to look after the horses.   I am thankful that I came across this wonderful facility where we went horse riding.  It was at a place called RDA - Riding for the Disabled.  It is run by volunteers where they teach special needs kids how to ride.  I was lucky enough to meet a couple of the special needs girls yesterday who were gorgeous people, including one girl named Chelsea who gave me a cuddle, then asked me to take her photo just because I was taking photos of my two.  The people who take time out to help these kids deserve so much more than they receive, and have inspired me to find ways I can help out in the community.

I am thankful we have one more night at Ma and Pa's before we drive home to reality - school, work, soccer, housework and a thousand other things.

Finally, I am thankful for knowing Lorraine, who sadly lost her fight against aggressive cancer last Friday, and who is being laid to rest today.  I am thankful for her beautiful handmade cards and her delicious chocolate mousse recipe.  I am also thankful that I have that recipe.  My heart is breaking for my sister-in-law, who was very close to her mother, and my brother, who considered her a dear friend, not just his mother-in-law.  Lorraine, you will always stay in my memory dressed up as Ace Freeley from Kiss at my brother's 40th.  May you rest in peace always x

No comments:

Post a Comment