Monday, July 11, 2011

Another lovely day

Glorious weather today, absolutely glorious.  A little bit windy but it was the type of sunshine that permeates into your very soul.  It's days like this that I love winter.  It's my favourite season anyway, but I just appreciate it so much more on days like today.




The kidlets by the sea

Today, the kids, the parentals and I went to a local lookout to try and find us some migrating whales.  After scanning the water using the binoculars, and then the telephoto lens, unfortunately it wasn't our day.  We decided to drive down to the local beach and were blessed with seeing a pod of dolphins swimming on by.  The kids, Ma and I went exploring through the rock pools trying to find pretty shells for the girl and any other critters that we might come across.  The most we found was a crab, the kids weren't overly impressed.  The boy was having too much fun dodging the waves washing in, getting more and more wet with each one.  The girl was happy finding more and more shells to put in my ever-bulging pockets.

Home again for a lovely chicken and chips lunch, then Pa and I thought we'd brave taking the kids fishing.  So we packed up and drove off to find the perfect spot.  We found a gorgeous spot on the river, just not so perfect for fishing.  The kids ended up being bored after about 2 minutes (a new world record I think!) and I think we just knew it wasn't going to happen for us today.  But the sunshine was just too beautiful to ignore, so we drove back down to the beach so the kids could have some fun and expend some more energy at the playground.

The mighty angler
 More comfort food followed, with a bbq and salad dinner, and I'm done.  Another amazing day.  The parentals are heading off on their road trip and I have 3 gorgeous doggies to look after for a few days.  I think tomorrow we'll be going to the movies to watch either Kung Fu Panda 2, or Mr Popper's Penguins, then spend the afternoon riding scooters down by the water.

I hope you're having a happy day, wherever you are x

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a heavenly day. I love the photo of your beautiful two. <3

    ReplyDelete